Saturday, December 18, 2010

Instigatorzine


I don't know how to say this.


If you know me well, I'm never truly satisfied with a lot of my artwork once I've "completed" it. You might hear other artists say something similar: "The next one's always better." In many ways it's true.

But that's not the way I feel about Instigatorzine.

I can honestly tell you that Instigatorzine is the only thing that I've helped create that I can continually feel proud of. I'm proud that Keith, the IZ staff and contributors and myself help to put a solid product that has no equivalent on the newsstands. Instigatorzine is one of the biggest reasons that 2010 will stand out in all the years I've lived.

That said, the future for Instigatorzine is a bit weary and mysterious. Several key members of our staff have departed for greener pastures and it leaves me very concerned for the one thing I've diligently worked to create. I'm not going to complain or cry about it. We're going to try our best to keep delivering the best we can. (I'm aware of our typo rate, but we're trying our best.)

Support your (only) local Instigatorzine today. There's good stuff in here. I promise.

(P.S.: The fancy cover is by Erin Dodge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment